Cycling is excellent for body and mind. It is good for the muscles and lungs, it helps against physical ailments and defects. Cycling is suitable for most people. There are many good reasons to get on a bike. In June, there is one more – MLU is taking part in the Academic Bicycle Challenge!
What is the Academic Bicycle Challenge
The Academic Bicycle Challenge (ABC) is an international bicycle competition between universities that aims to create awareness for healthy and environmentally friendly mobility by bicycle.
From 01.06. – 30.06.2021, MLU employees and students can take part in the ABC. During this month, they will pedal and record their daily bicycle journeys via app. The ABC counts all the kilometres covered and creates exciting rankings – by individual, team, academic discipline and university. Which discipline cycles the most diligently? How does MLU compare to other universities?
How can you participate?
Instructions for participation, suggestions for routes and joint actions can be found here.
10 good reasons…
And last but not least, 10 good reasons why cycling is good for you:
- Cycling is good for preventing many diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Cycling is good for relaxation and helps to reduce stress.
- Cycling makes you sleep better.
- Cycling helps with obesity.
- Cycling promotes blood flow to the brain and allows more oxygen to enter the system, helping you “think”.
- Cycling improves muscle development.
- Cycling is a social activity.
- Cycling can be done anytime and anywhere.
- When cycling you get the feeling of freedom.
- When you cycle, you are outside in nature.
And if we still haven’t convinced you, you can read about it in more detail here.