Scientists make a lot of mistakes as soon as they start to apply outside science. This workshop will help you to write a convincing application and to be successful in the job interview.
Doctoral students, PostDocs
- Written application I: standards in Germany
- How to write them?
- What is different between applications in science and in industry?
- What are typical mistakes and how to avoid them?
- How to develop a storyline?
- How to show you competencies?
- Written application II: how do I apply unsolicited?
- Written application III: new trends in application procedures.
- Written application IV: what is different in other countries – some hints.
- How to prepare the job interview? Training of interview situations.
- Other ways of recruitment: assessment centre etc.
- How to negotiate salary?
Please bring with you a job ad that fits you.
Terms and Applications
Date and time:
July 1, 2019 | 9am-5pm
July 4, 2019 | 9am-5pm
Group size: maximal 12
Workshop language: English
Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
Universitätsplatz 5, Hallischer Saal
06108 Halle (Saale)
Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf counsels students and scientists in all relevant questions concerning their careers. He has founded www.karriereberatung-akademiker.de together with colleagues out of public administration and private businesses.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of questions.