The school starts with lectures covering the basics of synthetic and biological macromolecules. Our lecturers will then cover the following experimental methods and simulation techniques to study macromolecular structure formation:
- Imaging techniques (optical microscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy, Electron Microscopy)
- NMR spectroscopy
- Infrared spectroscopy
- Flourescence correlation spectroscopy
- Monte Carlo Simulations
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Scattering techniques (light scattering, small and wide angle x-ray scattering)
- Rheology and mechanical investigation
- Dielectric spectroscopy
On two afternoons, you will attend lab courses. A list of offered courses can be found here. Please choose three prefered courses in your application and we will try to match your interests! With the help of your supervisor from the first lab course, you will prepare a poster about the method. The school closes with the poster session.
There will be two excursions within Halle and Leipzig as well as guided tours. We will publish details in July 2021.