14th Amendment: concerned with US citizenship
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.“Citizenship Clause of the United States Constitution
- Citizenship rights for people born in the United States, regardless of race or ethnicity
- Equal protection under the law for all U.S. citizens
- How citizens are represented in government through the House of Representatives
- Punishment for citizens charged with insurrection or rebellion against the United States of America
- Exempts federal and state governments from paying the debts of former Confederate states.