Scientific entrance level for doctoral students
Applicants should have – or are about to obtain – a master degree, diploma or an equivalent degree in Natural Sciences or related fields. In general, students hold a degree in physics, chemistry or bioscience. This includes a written thesis, an written or oral test and two years of advanced course work. Degree certificates from non-german universities will have to be approved by the admissions office. Applicants should have a strong interest in the iRTG research program centered on the topic “Polymers: Random coils and beyond” and in cross-disciplinary projects.
The command in English can be proven by:
- English mother tongue
- TOEFL/IELTS certificate
- Grade in English (German Abitur)
The application includes the email address of two referees willing to write a letter of recommendation, of which one is your supervisor or mentor of your master thesis.
Please do not provide a letter of recommendation.
Required documents (scanned copies)
- copy of the certificate for general qualification for university entrance (e.g. Abitur, High School)
- transcript/ record of study and degree certificate of bachelor degree
- transcript/ record of study and degree certificate of master degree
- TOEFL/IELTS for German/English non-native speakers
Optional documents (scanned copies)
- other certificates of proficiency in English
- prices, awards, scholarships
- portrait picture