Research in our laboratory mainly focuses on the transcription on mitochondrial and chloroplast genomes and on post-transcriptional processes in these energy-converting organelles. Most of our work is done using the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana.
Our research uses
- Transgenic plants for reverse-genetic approaches
- Various techniques for high- and low-throughput analyses of organelle transcripts and for transcript end mapping
- differential RNA sequencing (dRNA-Seq) and nascent transcript sequencing (GRO-Seq, 5’ GRO-Seq)
- Cell fractionation techniques
- In organello assays for monitoring mitochondrial transcription and translation
- Native PAGE and respiration assays for studying the mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation system