Scientists make a lot of mistakes as soon as they start to apply outside science. This workshop will help you to write a convincing application and to be successful in the job interview.
Doctoral students, PostDocs
- Written application I: standards in Germany. How to write them? What is different between applications in science and in industry? What are typical mistakes and how to avoid them? How to develop a storyline? How to show you competencies?
- Written application II: how do I apply unsolicited?
- Written application III: new trends in application procedures.
- Written application IV: what is different in other countries – some hints.
- How to prepare the job interview? Training of interview situations.
- Other ways of recruitment: assessment centre etc.
- How to negotiate salary?
Please bring with you a job ad that fits you.
Terms and Applications
Date: July 9-10, 2020
Group size: maximal 15
Workshop language: English
Uni Leipzig, tba
Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf counsels students and scientists in all relevant questions concerning their careers. He has founded www.karriereberatung-akademiker.de together with colleagues out of public administration and private businesses.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of questions.