Do you find yourself at conferences drinking coffee alone? Do you seem to miss every chance to network? Or do you have the feeling you can’t keep the conversation going or can’t even get it started in the first place? No matter if you answer one of these questions with a clear “yes” or you simply have the feeling that you could improve your selfpresentation and communication skills, then this workshop might be just right one for
you. From the first impression you leave, the conversations that follow, to a friendly follow-up — all of this will be covered during this seminar.
Doctoral students, PostDocs
With this workshop you will …
- Improve your self-presentation skills
- Learn how to build, expand and maintain a professional network
- Design your “personal pitch” for networking situations (e.g. conferences, fairs)
- Work on your body language and the first impression you leave
- Receive input on professional/social media usage for networking
- Overall, you will be “learning by doing” — with a variety of hands-on exercises and real-life examples from academia and industry
Terms and Applications
Date: November 25 – 27, 2020
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, on Wednesday and Thursday also individually a few hours in the afternoon
Group size: maximal 12
Workshop language: English
This workshop will take place online.
Peter Kronenberg joined the team of NaturalScience.Careers in 2017 to lead a project on innovative conference designs. It did not take long before his role expanded to give seminars and talks for scientists, including the topics self-presentation, networking, timeand career management, science communication and social/professional media usage.
Peter’s background is in the humanities and social sciences, having obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences and a Master’s in Sustainable Business Studies.
RegistrationRegistration is closed.
Please contact email@example.com in case of questions.