Assessing the labour market is not an easy thing to do. Finding the “right” job is a challenge and is an investment in time and energy. A clear roadmap will help to focus research about job positions and not to get lost in the many interesting opportunities offered by employers.
In this workshop participants will work on their road map to a job in industry. The concept is based on intensive working units and coaching sessions to support participants developing strategies how to search for the right jobs. Understanding the aim of application documents and combining the “right” information in application documents will be one asset of the workshop. Understanding the mechanisms of personnel recruitment and employers perspective is another important aspect to better meet employer’s needs. Providing hands- on methods and practical exercises directly on the participants profiles will help to initiate first steps on the job road map.
- Roadmap to a job – where to start and how to organise the application process
- How to find the right job – analyzing job descriptions and understanding employers interests, expectations and fears
- Assessing companies career platforms and job portals
- Application letters and documents, initiative applications – selecting the “right” information
- Shaping own profiles in professional networks (XING, LinkedIN)
- Employers branding: applications and employment policy as marketing instruments
- Knowledge transfer
- Groupwork, role plays, case studies
- Reflective praxis with coaching-techniques
Terms and Applications
Date: December 12/13 2016
Group size: maximal 12
Workshop language: English
Dr. Christine Issa, SAMIN Düsseldorf
Please contact sfb-trr-102-office(at)physik.uni-halle.de in case of questions.