Scientists make a lot of mistakes as soon as they start to apply outside science. This workshop will help you to write a convincing application and to be successful in the job interview.
Doctoral students, PostDocs
- Written application I: standards in Germany
- How to write them?
- What is different between applications in science and in industry?
- What are typical mistakes and how to avoid them?
- How to develop a storyline?
- How to show you competencies?
- Written application II: how do I apply unsolicited?
- Written application III: new trends in application procedures.
- Written application IV: what is different in other countries – some hints.
- How to prepare the job interview? Training of interview situations.
- Other ways of recruitment: assessment centre etc.
- How to negotiate salary?
- How to start your career in smaller or bigger companies and in the public sector? What does “career” mean?
Terms and Applications
Date and time:
June 19, 2018 | 9am-5pm
June 20, 2018 | 8am-1pm
Group size: maximal 12
Workshop language: English
Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
Von-Seckendorff-Platz 1, SR: 5.09
06120 Halle (Saale)
Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf counsels students and scientists in all relevant questions concerning their careers. He has been responsible for supporting the appointing procedure of new professors at Jena University, has been head of LehreLernen – the training centre for university teachers – and has done recruitment for private businesses. He has founded www.karriereberatung-akademiker.de together with colleagues out of public administration and private businesses.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of questions.