The Research School Network Halle invites all participating researchers to the first summer meeting. Here local research schools will introduce themselves. The plenary talk will address open questions of general interest to all participants and will show possible strategies to tackle environmental problems. Participants form several research schools will have the opportunity to get into contact in a stimulating atmosphere, which fosters exchange and creates opportunities for collaborations.
Featuring talk by Anna Sycheva (OptiCOM, Russia)
The future of plastics in the circular world
Plastics have become an important pillar of the world economy, but not without drawbacks. A significant share of plastic waste is not recovered after use: it is landfilled, incinerated or leaks in the environment. Many countries and companies around the world have pledged to shift to a circular model for plastics, but continued innovation is required to make it a reality.
Doctoral students, postdocs and principle investigators of participating institutions
Date, time schedule and location:
- July 11, 2019 from 4-11pm
- Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics
06120 Halle (Saale)
4:00-4:45 pm – Talk by Anna Sycheva (OptiCom, Russia)
4:45-5:00 pm – Presentation of participating institutions
5:00-6:00 pm – Get to know each other
6:00-11:00 pm – Exchange and discussion with sports activities and buffet
Participating research schools and institutions
- IMPRS for Science and Technology of Nano-Systems
- iRTG “Polymers: random coils and beyond” of SFB/TRR 102
- iRTG of SFB/TRR 227 “Ultrafast Spin Dynamics”
- International Graduate School “Functional Polymers”
- yDiv – the Graduate School of German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv)
- Junge Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (jDPG)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of questions.