Scientists make a lot of mistakes as soon as they start to apply outside science. This workshop will help you to write a convincing application and to be successful in the job interview.
- Written application I: standards in Germany for applications outside of academia. How to write them? What are typical mistakes and how to avoid them? How to develop a storyline? How to show you competencies?
- Written application II: how do I apply unsolicited?
- Written application III: new trends in application procedures.
- Written application IV: what is different in other countries – some hints.
- How to prepare the job interview? Training of interview situations.
- How to negotiate salary?
Please bring an internet-enabled device with you – we will need it for the job search.
Doctoral students, PostDocs
Time and Applications
Date: Februar 15 – 16, 2023
Halle or Leipzig
Group size: maximal 15
Workshop language: English
Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf counsels students and scientists in all relevant questions concerning their careers. He has founded https://www.kabeak.de/ together with colleagues out of public administration and private businesses.
The workshop usually is open to all interested PhD students but members of the iRTG of the SFB TRR 102 will be given priority. All applicants will be chosen depending on their registration time in chronological order.