Scientists have a lot of job options — but they are often not aware of them. This workshop will help you see more of the many opportunities there are on the German labour market. You will learn to take the different steps involved in a successful job search: in particular, to be aware of your competencies, skills and knowledge and to build your career strategies based upon them.
- My competencies, skills and knowledge: how to know them and how to use them
- German and international labour markets: how markets influence my job search
- Job search strategies: Searching with search engines and why this is not enough – different ways and strategies for job search.
- Job search beside Research and Development departments – what else is there?
- How to use personal and electronic networks like LinkedIn for job search?
- Founding your own business: How to create your own job and how to earn money with it?
- What do I want: Live goals and career planning
Please bring an internet-enabled device with you – we will need it for the job search.
Doctoral students, PostDocs
Time and Applications
Date: November 16 – 17, 2022
Time: 9:30 am – 16:30 pm
Institut für Japanologie, Dachritzstrasse 12, SR 308
Group size: maximal 15
Workshop language: English
Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf counsels students and scientists in all relevant questions concerning their careers. He has founded https://www.kabeak.de/ together with colleagues out of public administration and private businesses.
Registration is closed. The workshop is fully booked.
The workshop usually is open to all interested PhD students but members of the iRTG of the SFB TRR 102 will be given priority. All applicants will be chosen depending on their registration time in chronological order.