Scientists have lots of job options, but are often not aware of them. This workshop will support you to see more them on the German labour market. You will learn to go the different steps of job search: to be aware of your competencies, skills and knowledge and to build your career strategies based on them.
Doctoral students, PostDocs
- My competencies, skills and knowledge: How to be aware of them?
- German and international labour markets: How markets influence job search
- Private or public sector: Where should I go to?
- Until when should I leave academia, if I prefer to stay but I am not successful enough?
- Where do I find jobs for scientists – jobs that suit me?
- Career search strategies
- How networks help to get jobs soon
- How to read job ads?
- What does “career” mean? How to plan and how to develop my career
- Life goals and career paths – how to make them fit together?
Please bring an internet-enabled device with you – we will need it for the job search.
Terms and Applications
Date: January 21-22, 2020
Group size: maximal 12
Workshop language: English
Leipzig University, Research Academy Leipzig, SR4
Wächterstraße 30 (Villa Tillmann’s)
Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf counsels students and scientists in all relevant questions concerning their careers. He has founded www.karriereberatung-akademiker.de together with colleagues out of public administration and private businesses.
Please contact email@example.com in case of questions.